If you have Chlamydia you should let any sexual partner(s) you may have know as soon as you can.
Chlamydia is passed from one person to another by sexual contact.If you have Chlamydia, then it is very likely that one or more of your sexual partners also have this infection.
Telling your sexual partners is important because it:
- is the only way most people will know they have this infection
- stops you getting the infection back again
- shows your partner that you care about them
- reduces the chance of your partner developing serious problems such as infertility.
- stops your partner passing the infection to others
Remember, most men and women with Chlamydia don’t have any symptoms and so they don’t know they have the infection.